LEMON SHERBET & RASPBERRY RIPPLE CHEESECAKE
(You will need a 6 ½” cake tin)
• 1 cup shredded coconut
• 1 cup skinless almonds
• 1 cup medjool dates (pitted)
• ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
• A squeeze of lemon juice (1tbsp)
• 1 cup fresh raspberries (if using frozen allow them to thaw first)
• 1½ tbsp maple syrup
• 2 cups cashews (soaked in water for 6hrs and rinsed)
• Zest of 1 organic lemon
• ⅓ cup maple syrup
• ½ cup lemon juice
• 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
• ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
• ½ tsp ground turmeric
Coconut cream (optional)
• 1 cup chilled canned coconut milk (use the thick part from the top of the can only)
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• ½ cup raspberries
• 2 tbsp chopped pistachio
• 2 tbsp lemon zest
- Add the almonds and coconut shreds to your food processor and blitz until they form a light crumb consistency. Add the salt and dates and continue to blend until the mixture starts to stick together. Lastly add in the lemon juice and blend for another 20 seconds to combine.
- Using your fingers of a spatula, press the mixture down firmly into the base of your cake tin. Set aside in the fridge.
- To make the raspberry sauce, add the raspberries and maple syrup to your blender and blend for about 20 seconds. Transfer the sauce to a bowl or jar and refrigerate.
- For the filling, add the cashews, maple syrup, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice to your blender and blitz until completely smooth and creamy. Add the coconut oil and turmeric and blend for another 30 seconds to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add about half a cup of the raspberry sauce. Gently fold the mixture using a spatula to create a ripple effect.
- Transfer the mixture to a cake tin and tap the tin on the work surface to knock out any air bubbles.
- Add a couple tablespoons of the leftover raspberry sauce on top of the filling. Using your spatula make a large swirl print on top of the cake.
- Freeze for the cake to set for at least 2 hours or overnight. Once set, remove it from the cake tin whilst still frozen.
- For garnish, make the coconut cream by whisking the coconut milk and maple syrup together in a bowl. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe on top of the cake.
- Add raspberries, pistachios and lemon zest for garnish.
- Defrost for 40 minutes before serving or enjoy it frozen!