FIGGY RASPBERRY SLICES
Makes 9-12 slices
- 300g pecans
- 9 medjoul dates
- Pinch of salt
- 200g cashews soaked*
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 can coconut milk*
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut butter melted
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 4 fresh figs sliced
- In a high speed food processor, combine all ingredients until they form a dough.
- Press the mixture down into an 8x8inch tin to form the biscuit base.
- Place in the freezer whilst you prepare the filling
- Blend all the ingredients except the coconut butter until thick and creamy and there are no lumps. You can add a little water if the mixture is not blending well.
- Add the melted coconut butter and blend until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base.
- Allow to set in the freezer for 5 minutes before arranging the fig slices on top.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight before cutting into slices with a shart, wet hot knife.
- Remove from the freezer about 20-30 minutes before serving.
* soaked cashews- Soak in clean distilled water for 6 hours, then rinse clean before use
* coconut milk- refrigerate your can of coconut milk overnight. Don't shake the can as you want the liquid to remain separated. Scoop out and use the thick part from the top of the can.