LEMON + POPPYSEED BLISS BALLS
Makes 10 balls
For the Donut Balls:
- 150g Cashews
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 5 Medjoul dates (pitted)
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
For the glaze:
- 3 tbsp cacao butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a high speed food processor, blend the cashews until they form a fine flour.
- Add the dates, ground almonds and maca powder and blend until a dough begins to form.
- Add the remaning ingredients and blend for a minute to combine everything into a dough.
- Roll the dough into balls (about the size of a ping-pong ball) and set aside in the fridge whilst you prepare the glaze.
For the Glaze:
- Place the cacao butter and coconut oil in a bowl and sit the bowl on top of a saucepan with some water in it.
- Heat gently and once melted stir in the maple syrup.
- Prepare a cooling rack with parchment underneath to catch any dripping glaze.
- Dip the balls into the glaze and let them set on the cooling rack. You can dip them a second time if you have any glaze left afterwards.
- Sprinkle with more poppy seeds and lemon zest if desired.
- Store these balls in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.