No-Bake Nutella Bars (vegan)
This recipe was made in collaboration with Iswari Superfoods.
The most delicious no-bake bars that are decadent yet healthy topped with a melt in the mouth vegan nutella spread! These bars are the perfect pick-me-up for that midday slump, so why not prepare a batch at the weekend to keep you going during the week days!
THESE NO-BAKE NUTELLA BARS ARE:
- Intensely chocolate-y
- Decadent and rich
- Taste just like nutella!
- No-Bake and Easy to make
Let’s make no-bake nutella bars
(Full recipe and instructions in the recipe card at the end of this page)
Make the base
Add the gluten-free oats blend, hazelnut butter and maple syrup to your food processor and blend for a few minutes until combined. Check the consistency of the dough and if it doesn’t stick together easily add the water, then blend again until the mixture sticks together to form a dough consistency.
Next press the base into a pan lined with parchment paper. I use an 8 inch square pan. I recommend spraying some oil in the pan before placing the parchment paper down as this will help to keep it in place. The easiest way to make sure the base is nice and compact is to use either a cake scraper, cup measure or flat bottomed glass to press it down evenly. Now you’ll want to chill this layer for an hour to strengthen it and make sure it doesn’t crumble when you add the ganache layer later.
Make the nutella ganache
To make the ganache topping, first melt the chocolate. The best way to do this is using a bain-marie (double boiler) which consists of adding water to a saucepan and bring it to a gentle simmer. The chocolate is then placed in a heat resistant bowl (that covers the entire circumference of the bowl), and allowing the steam from the simmering water to rise up and gently heat the chocolate, causing it to melt. Using a water bath will ensure that you don’t burn the chocolate too!
Then simply add all the ingredients for the ganache to your blender and blitz until silky smooth and creamy. To get an even layer, I like to first use a cake scraper to distribute the ganache on top of the chilled oat layer. Then use the back of a spoon to get that nice wavy-swirly effect! Top with some roasted hazelnuts and voila! Chill for 2 hours, then slice and serve.
What if I can’t get some of the ingredients?
I highly recommend using this if it’s available in your area. If you living outside of Europe and aren’t able to get your hands on the Iswari gluten-free oats mix, you can substitute it with 2 ½ cups regular rolled oats and a quarter cup cacao powder. You may need to add a little water to the mixture to help it come together so keep an eye on the consistency and if too dry add a tablespoon or two of water, or if too wet add some more rolled oats.
If you can’t get hazelnut butter you can make it at home from scratch in just a few steps!
- Roast 10 ounces (280g) of skinless hazelnuts in a preheated oven at 150°C (300°F) for 8-10 minutes until slightly browned.
- Add the roasted hazelnuts to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until runny and smooth. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the jug at regular intervals. This may take anything from 5-15 minutes depending on the strength of you blender/processor.
Recommended tools to make these nutella bars
More vegan nutella inspired recipes
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Tart (Nutella Tart)
- Vegan Nutella Brownies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies (flourless)
More vegan no-bake recipes
No-Bake Nutella Bars (Vegan)
- 2 ½ cups Iswari Gluten-Free Oats Hazelnut Butter & Cacao *see notes
- ¼ cup hazelnut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 7 oz vegan chocolate
- ⅔ cup hazelnut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup full fat canned coconut milk (use thick part from the top of the can)
- Toasted hazelnuts for garnish optional
- Add the oats to your food processor along with the hazelnut butter and maple syrup and blend for a few minutes until combined. Add the water, then blend again until the mixture sticks together to form a dough consistency. If using regular oats (see notes below) add more water if the mixture is too dry or more oats if the mixture is too wet.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of an 8 inch square pan with some oil and line it with parchment paper. Press the dough into the base of the pan and smooth it out using a cake scraper or flat bottomed glass. Chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the ganache topping by melting the chocolate over a double boiler. Add the melted chocolate, hazelnut butter, maple syrup and coconut milk to your blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Use a cake scraper or spatula to spread the ganache on top of the base in an even layer. Then use the back of a spoon to create a swirl effect. Top with some roasted hazelnuts.
- Chill for 2 hours, then slice and serve.
- Store these bars in the fridge in an airtight container and consume within 5 days.