RASPBERRY & WHITE CHOCOLATE SLICES
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 200g pecans
- 200g walnuts
- 7 medjoul dates
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 200g cashews *soaked
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1 can coconut milk*
- Blend all ingredients until they form a raspberry sauce.
- Set aside in the fridge
- In a high speed food processor, blend the pecans and walnuts until finely ground.
- Add the dates and oatflakes and blend for another minute or so, until the ingredients start to come together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process further until they form a dough.
- Line and 8X8" tray with parchement paper.
- Press the dough evenly down into the base and set aside in the freezer.
- Blend the cashews, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut milk until smooth and creamy.
- Melt the cacao butter and coconut butter over a double boiler.
- Add the cacao butter and coconut butter to the mixture and blend again to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the filling ontop of the base and tap down to remove any air bubble.
- Take spoonfulls of the raspberry coulis and add it unevenly on top of the filling.
- Take a chopstick, stirrer or back of your spoon and swirl through the raspberry mixture to make the pattern you wish.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours or ideally overnight.
- Remove from the baking dish by gently tapping them out onto the counter.
- Carefully cut them into slices. Use a sharp knife and a zig-zag motion to avoid crumbling the base.
- Store in the freezer and remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
*soaked cashews- soak in purified or bottled water for at least 6 hours or overnight. Rinse and drain.
*coconut milk- place a tin of coconut milk in the fridge at least the night before using. Then scoop the thick coconut cream from the top of the can. You'll want to use the thick coconut cream and discard the water thats left.