Strawberries & Cream Cheesecakes
I don’t know about you but I’m so over winter!! It’ rains, it snows, it hails and rains a bit more.. Short days, long nights and more layers of clothing than you can shake a stick at! So I thought I’d whip you up these strawberry cream cups, because lets face it, nothing screams summer more than strawberries and cream!
Bring on the summer!
Makes 10-12 Cups
– 1/2 cup pecans
– 1/4 cup almonds
– 1/4 cup oats
– 1/2 cup dates
– 1/4 cup raisins
– 1 tbsp Maca powder
– 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
– 1/3 cup fresh strawberries
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
– 2 tbsp white chia seeds
– 1 cup cashews (soaked for 4 hours minimum and rinsed with clean water)
– 1/3 cup coconut cream
– 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt (optional)
– 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
– 4 tbsp maple syrup
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 1 tbsp vanilla bean extract
– 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
– Blitz the almonds, pecans and oats in your food processor until they are roughly ground
– Add the dates and raisins and continue to process until they form a dough
– Add the remaining ingredients and process until combined.
– Split the dough into the number of bases you plan to use (depending on the size of the tarts you are making).
– Press the dough evenly into each individual tart base (silicone moulds work best, but muffin cases in a muffin tray work well too)
– Set aside in the freezer
Chia Jam:- Blitz the strawberries in your blender with the maple syrup until they are liquid
– Stir in the chia seeds.
– Let the mixture sit in an airtight container in your fridge. (the chia seeds will thick it up).
– Add the cashews, coconut cream, coconut yoghurt, lemon juice and maple syrup to your blender and blitz until completely smooth.
– Add the vanilla bean extract and coconut oil to the mixture and combine.
– Remove the cheesecake bases from the freezer.
– Place a bout 1 tsp of the chia jam on top of each base..- Add 1 tbsp of the cheesecake mix on top of each base, then add some of the strawberry slices.
– Add another 1-2 tbsp of the cheesecake mixture to each base and to with more fresh strawberry slices.
– Place tartlets in the freezer for 2 hours or until firm.
Remove from the freezer 15-30 minutes before serving. These cheesecakes should be stored in the freezer and taken out as needed.