Creamy dairy-free strawberry and coconut ice cream. Fresh and perfect for summer, these ice cream bars are refined sugar-free, gluten-free and easy to make.
VEGAN STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM BARS WITH JUST A FEW INGREDIENTS
Berry season is here, so it’s the perfect time to try these summery vegan strawberry ice cream bars. Made with just a few simple ingredients, these ice cream bars are a healthy alternative to shop bought ice creams. The coconut milk base gives them a creamy texture, perfect when paired with seasonal sweet strawberries.
I’ve used agave syrup to make these ice creams as I wanted to use a natural sweetener that had a neutral taste. However, feel free to use maple syrup instead if you prefer.
The recipe calls for freeze dried strawberries pieces, which can also be found in powdered form. While the dried strawberries intensify the flavour and sweetness of this recipe, they are optional, so don’t sweat if if you can’t get your hands on some, the ice creams are still delicious with it!
MADE IN JUST A FEW EASY STEPS
These vegan strawberry ice cream bars take just a few easy steps to make. It’s as simple as blending the ingredients up and waiting for them to set!
Once you’ve added all the ingredients to your blender, be sure to get the mixture nice and smooth without lumps.
I recommend placing the ice cream moulds on a tray or chopping board before filling them with the ice cream. This makes it much easier to transfer them in and out of the freezer.
The setting time will depend on your freezer, but I usually leave them for at least 4-6 hours before removing them from the silicone moulds.
These ice cream bars will store for a couple of months in an airtight container in your freezer.
WHY MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- Plant-based and vegan-friendly
- Easy to make
- Healthy dessert option
- Perfect for summer
- Minimal ingredients
- Refined sugar-free
- Free from any animal derived products
If you’re looking for more easy to make, fruit ice cream recipes why not try my MANGO ICE CREAM recipe, which has just 3 ingredients!
Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream Bars
- Silicone ice cream moulds (14.6 x 12.7 x 2.6 cm) X 5
- Wooden lolly sticks x 4
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 400ml can chilled coconut milk *see notes
- ¼ cup agave syrup or maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil solid
- ½ cup freeze dried strawberry pieces optional
- Pinch sea salt
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and cut into quarters.
- Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place the ice-cream moulds on a tray and insert a wooden lolly stick into each one.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into each mould cavity.
- Transfer the ice creams to the freezer and freeze for 4-6 hours, until completely set.
- Remove the ice cream bars from the silicone moulds and garnish with some more freeze dried strawberry pieces.