Refreshing and delicious piña colada popsicles that taste like dole whip. Vegan-friendly and made with just 4 ingredients.
WHAT’S IN THESE PIÑA COLADA ICE LOLLIES?
PINEAPPLE: You can use either fresh or frozen pineapple for this recipe. I like to chop up fresh pineapple that’s perfectly ripe and then freeze it in batches, as I always find the flavour of fresh to be more intense.
COCONUT MILK: The coconut milk is not only essential for that classic piña colada flavour, it also gives these ice lollies a wonderful creamy texture.
RUM: This ingredient is optional (but highly recommended!). You can use either dark or white rum, depending on what you have to hand. The rum not only adds flavour, it also helps to keep the consistency of these ice lollies nice and creamy. Alcohol has a lower freezing point than water, so adding a little to ice cream helps keep the mixture from freezing rock solid!
MAPLE SYRUP: The maple syrup is completely optional, and whether you want to include it in the recipe depends on two things; how naturally sweet the pineapple is, and how much of a sweet tooth you’ve got!
HOW TO MAKE PIÑA COLADA ICE LOLLIES
Add the frozen pineapple, coconut milk and rum to your high speed blender and blitz until it reaches a thick smoothie consistency with no lumps.
Taste test to check if the mixture is sweet enough for your liking. If it needs more sweetness add the maple syrup and blend again for a minute to combine.
Separate the mixture between 6 ice cream moulds and insert a wooden lolly stick into each. These are the pineapple silicone ice cream moulds that I used for some of the ice lollies.
Place in the freezer to set for 4 hours.
WHY MAKE THESE ICE LOLLIES?
- Plant-based and Vegan-friendly
- Tastes like Dole Whip
- Bursting with tropical vibes
- The perfect balance of creamy and fresh
- Made with just 4 ingredients
- Easy to make
- Free from animal derived products
- Gluten free (check labels of ingredients if you have a severe allergy/intolerance)
MORE VEGAN ICE CREAM RECIPES TO TRY
- Piña Colada Ice cream
- Mojito Popsicles
- Coconut Mango Passion Popsicles
- Mango Ice cream
- Coconut Mango Passion Popsicles
- Rum Raisin Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?
If you tried this recipe I’d love to hear how it went! Be sure to leave a comment below and if you love the recipe please give it a rating too! This will help get the recipe seen by more eyes here on google.
I also love sharing your work on my social media, so be sure to tag me on your Instagram posts and stories using @addictedtodates and #addictedtodates so that I can share your pictures on my stories.
Lastly, you can leave a picture and a comment on Pinterest so we can all see one another’s creations!
Vegan Piña Colada Popsicles
- Silicone ice cream moulds (14.6 x 12.7 x 2.6 cm) X 6 (magnum shape) or see link in blog post for pineapple shaped moulds
- Wooden lolly sticks x 6
- 3 cups chopped pineapple frozen
- 1 400ml can chilled coconut milk *see notes
- 2 tbsp rum dark or light
- 2 tbsp maple syrup optional
- Add the frozen pineapple, coconut milk and rum to your high speed blender.
- Blend until it reaches a thick smoothie consistency with no lumps.
- Taste test, and if you'd like it sweeter add the maple syrup and blend again for a minute to combine.
- Separate the mixture between 6 ice cream moulds and insert a wooden lolly stick into each.
- Place in the freezer to set for 4 hours.