Vegan Raspberry Almond Magnum Ice Creams
It’s almost tradition here at this stage to make new variations of vegan magnum ice creams each summer. If you’re looking for something that’s fruity yet creamy and rich, then these ice cream bars are perfect for you.
They came as inspiration from my vegan raspberry ripple salted caramel magnum ice creams which were one of my favourite flavour combinations ever. These raspberry almond ice cream bars consist of creamy homemade raspberry ice cream, a layer of rich almond butter and a homemade refined sugar-free dairy-free white chocolate shell!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THESE DELICIOUS HOMEMADE VEGAN MAGNUM ICE CREAMS
- Cashews: I love using cashews as the base for ice cream recipes. They add richness, creaminess and structure to vegan ice cream. It’s recommended to soak your cashews before adding them to the blender. You can cover them in water for 4 hours to soak slowly or in you’re in a hurry, you can add boiled water and soak for just an hour.
- Coconut cream: this gives a creamy smooth base for the dairy free ice cream. You can also used full fat canned coconut milk which has been chilled overnight. When ready to use, scoop out the cream from the top of the can (this is the part you want for this recipe), and reserve the leftover liquid for smoothies, soups or stir-fries.
- Fresh raspberries: if you can get your hands on some, i recommend using fresh raspberries for this recipe. If you can only source frozen, allow the berries to defrost before blending and strain off the liquid, otherwise the thawed liquid will effect the water content of the recipe.
- Pure maple syrup: to keep these magnum ice creams refined sugar free they are sweetened using pure maple syrup. You could also use agave syrup.
- Almond extract: if you’re not a big fan of almond/marzipan flavour you can skip this part! But I personally love the flavour it gives.
- Vanilla extract: as always, vanilla makes an appearance in this ice cream recipe. It not only adds flavour, but also enhances the raspberry flavour AND enhances the sweetness of the ice cream.
- Coconut oil: a little coconut oil really helps with the creaminess of the ice cream. It prevents it from becoming icy once frozen.
- Almond butter: this is add in a layer on top of the raspberry ice cream. You can use an alternative nut butter too if you’d like, using tahini is also an option.
- Cacao butter: this is used to create the vegan white chocolate coating for these bars. Mixed together with some maple syrup, vanilla bean paste and sea salt. You can swap this layer out for store bought vegan white chocolate if you like!
THESE VEGAN MAGNUM ICE CREAMS ARE
- Better than the real deal magnums
- Fun to make (and eat!)
- Perfect to have in your freezer for those warmer days
- Plant-based and Vegan-friendly
- Naturally sweetened with maple syrup
- Easy to make
- Free from animal derived products
- Gluten free (check labels of ingredients if you have a severe allergy/intolerance)
LOVE THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE SOME OTHER DELICIOUS VEGAN MAGNUM RECIPES TO TRY
Vegan Raspberry Almond Magnum Ice Creams
- ½ cup cashews soaked *see notes
- ¾ cup coconut cream or chilled canned coconut milk *see notes
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil solid
- 8 tbsp almond butter
- ½ cup cacao butter
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- pinch sea salt
- freeze dried raspberries optional, for garnish
- For the ice-cream, add cashews, coconut cream, raspberries, maple syrup, almond extract, vanilla extract and coconut oil to a high speed blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Add 2 teaspoons of almond butter to the bottom of 4 silicone ice-cream moulds. Fill with the raspberry ice-cream mixture and insert wooden lolly stick into each.
- Freeze for 6 hours or until completely set then remove the ice creams from their moulds. Place them back in the freezer while you prepare the coating.
- Melt the cacao butter over a double boiler (bain-marie) and whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Line a baking tray with some parchment paper. Dip the ice cream bars in the coating, repeat for a second coating if you like!
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer in an airtight container.